Here are important tips on how to make the very best fresh juice at home. These tips will make juicing quick and easy, help you avoid costly mistakes, and insure that your juice is healthy and nutrient rich.
1. Go Organic! Fruits and vegetables absorb whatever chemicals are used to grow them. Thus you must use organic fruits and vegetables because that insures that your produce is pesticide-free.
2. Choose The Right Juicer! “Slow” or “masticating” juicers get more juice from your produce, especially greens. I also like juicers that eject pulp from one spout and juice from another so I can conveniently add a little pulp to my juice.
3. Don’t Save It! It’s best to drink your fresh juice right away as it will spoil in 24 hours, even less if you juice melon, broccoli, cauliflower, or cabbage.
4. A Juicer Is Not A Blender! Blenders will make you a great soup but not juice, unless you want a lumpy gritty drink!
5. Go Green! Vegetable greens are super foods, particularly wheatgrass. Add just a small handful to all of your juice recipes – more and you are likely to upset your stomach.
6. Don’t Juice These! Avocados and bananas will clog your juicer unless you have a commercial model. Put these in a blender and then add them to your juice.
7. Use The Skin! The skin of most fruits and vegetables contains the most nutrients. The problem is that the skin doesn’t taste good. Try adding just a bit of the skin, for instance when I leave 50% of the skin of the carrot in my juice it tastes just as good.
8. Use The Pulp! The pulp is a great source of fiber so I put a spoonful or two back into my juice. Or use the pulp for a great mock tuna salad by just adding mayonnaise!
9. Use The Pith! Juice that white fleshy stuff between the rind and the fruit – it has tons of nutrients!
10. Be Creative! Make up your own juice recipes. Tailor them to your own taste and health needs. When I first started juicing it was helpful to know what fruits and veggies taste particularly good so I didn’t waste time and money juicing terrible tasting combinations. A good recipe book can also save you time hunting for special juicing recipes that target your particular health concerns, such as low energy, memory loss, diabetes, high blood pressure, weight loss, and asthma to name just a few! My favorite juicing recipe book is not only complete but also costs less than any other recipe book available today, proving that there really are some great bargains! You can find “Ultimate Juicing Recipes” right here in the “Recommended Reading” box above on the right!
Yes! I Want “Juicing Secrets”
Send Me My Free “Juicing Secrets” Email Course Today!
You Will Receive the First Lesson in Your Inbox Immediately.
100% Spam Free! I Value Your Email Privacy.